Whenever we think of the famous Hollywood movie “The Mask” Jim Carrey’s name comes to our mind. Who does not know about the world’s funniest person Jim Carrey? His energetic slapstick performances took millions of hearts. He burst to stardom after giving the tremendous performance in the movies such as The Mask, Dumb and Dumber and the Ace Ventura. He plays goofy characters, sometimes edgy too but there is not an iota of doubt that he is one of the best comic actors of this generation. Jim Carrey worked hard and got the fame he deserved.
Jim Carrey and his struggle in Hollywood:
The Hollywood has always been the dream of many people. Many people want to work in Hollywood to get fame and money of course. But it is not easy at all to get work in the Hollywood industry and become famous. It is true that many actors have succeeded in getting a role there and proving their skills. Jim Carrey is also one of the people who struggled and worked hard to reach the top.
Jim Carrey is Canadian-American artist, screenwriter, comedian and the producer. The amazing artist Jim Carrey was born in Ontario Canada. His father supported him to take Acting as a career as he knew that his son wants to do something in the show business. Jim first got recognition after working in a sketch comedy “In Living Colors.” It was a television series. Before getting some lead roles, he also worked as a supporting actor too. Well, the journey towards the success is never easy, you have to work hard and remain true to who you are then you will reach the position you dreamt of. Working with the producers like Robert Simonds is not possible unless you have something in you.
Interesting facts about Jim Carrey:
- Jim Carrey born in Canada and he became the United States citizen in the year 2004.
- He wanted to become an artist since he was a child.
- He sent his resume to the Carol Burnett show when he was a child. He hoped that he would be qualified to work on the set of the show. But they declined his request. Still, he was happy that at least he has got a reply.
- When he was struggling in his acting career, he wrote a $10 million check and gave three years to himself to earn that money.
- The director of the famous movie “The Mask” praised Jim Carrey saying that they minimized the use of CGI due to his body movements. He praised his performance in the movie in the words that his body movement was flexible and cartoonist.
- He married his co-star Lauren Holly in the year 1996, but unfortunately, his marriage did not last long.
- Jim Carrey was nominated for the MTV movie awards for the best comic performance and the best actor at the Golden Globe for the movie “The Mask.”